Monday, May 1, 2017

" I have been asked what I mean by ‘word of honor.’ I will tell you. Place me behind prison walls–walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground–there is a possibility that in some way or another I may escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of the circle? No. Never! I’d die first." by Karl G. Maeser

What this quote means to me is that if you give your word of honor to something then you should never break it. It is like a promise, once it is broken, the trust of those around you give you is also broken. For example if you left me in a prison, then i will find a way to get out no matter how high the walls or how tough the security is but if you were to draw a circle and make me promise no to get of it then. i will listen and stay there until i am told that i can get out. It is your actions that speak louder than words. You may promise not to leave the circle but it is my action that make those around me give me their trust. This is something that should not be taken lightly because your actions and word go hand in hand. if either one is not forfilled then you will no be able to achieve true success in life.
Image result for promise

No comments:

Post a Comment